Ever wondered why Android driven smart phones can’t open vCard attachments or vcf files? Me, too.
Ever wondered why other apps in the Android App market force you to save those attachments to your SD card to import it? Even though Android can’t save attachments to SD card without any other additional app? Me, too.
And that’s why I wrote the “import vCard Attachment” app.
This tiny peace of software registeres itself as a default handler for vCard or vcf files in the android os. So whenever you see a vCard in your GMail app or somewhere else, android now can open this vCard and import it into your local contacts.
The app supports the following vCard entries right now:
- Structured names (including given name, family name, display name, etc)
- Multiple email adresses (including labels like WORK, HOME, etc)
- Multiple telephone numbers (including labels like WORK, HOME, MOBILE, etc)
- Multiple postal addresses (including labels like WORK, HOME, etc)
- and even photos included in the vCard
The app will be put into the Android market very soon, so please be patient!